In Berkeley CA, Dr. Robert Iezman and his orthodontic team are always excited about meeting new patients during their first orthodontic visit to our office. We want your entire experience with our office to be as pleasant and comfortable as possible. We understand how busy you and your family are, and that’s why we utilize easy and fast computerized check-in as well as appointment reminder calls, texts, emails and postcards to inform you of upcoming appointments. Our reception area offers an extensive selection of magazines and wireless internet access for our patients to enjoy.
Your first appointment will consist of an examination and overview of orthodontic treatment options. We also provide an estimate of treatment fees and convenient payment options available. This initial visit will allow us to help you determine what orthodontic options will best meet your needs. This exam is only one piece of the information we need to develop a diagnosis and treatment plan built specifically for you. What exactly is involved?
The diagnostic records consist of:
Impressions (molds of the teeth) are needed to create a duplicate of your teeth and the bite. This allows us to take measurements of the teeth and how they fit together and work together as a unit.
- A head or skull x-ray is required to determine the relationship of the upper and lower jaws and teeth within the jaw and face (this x-ray is not taken by general dentists).
- A Panoramic x-ray is necessary to make sure all your teeth a present, the position of each tooth, and the health of the roots and bones.
Photographs are necessary for the study of facial proportions, balance, and contour.
This diagnostic information allows us to carefully review your specific orthodontic needs such as:
- improper alignment of the teeth or bite
- Different orthodontic treatment options available
- Estimated treatment time
- If the patient is a child, whether treatment is needed now or delayed until more teeth erupt or growth completed?
- Are extractions needed and why?
- How much it costs
- Payment options available to meet your needs. Our goal is to make orthodontics affordable for everyone.
We feel it is our responsibility to provide our patients and families with a clear understanding of their specific needs and answer any additional questions you may have.
Please assist us with the following information at the time of your first visit:
- Any panoramic X-ray that was taken within the last few years.
- If you have orthodontic insurance, bring your insurance card so we can give you a more accurate estimate of your costs.